Happy 2k17!!! Hope you all had a great New Years! Don’t stress yourself out too much about finding a resolution or path for 2017. Every moment of everyday is another opportunity for resolution and growth. This year I’m just going to take it one day at a time.
1. Clean Eating – Starting the year off with another round of Whole30. My husband and I tried Whole30 last year and felt amazing but didn’t do very well keeping up clean eating afterwards. So we want to try it again and work harder at making it a lifestyle. I love food, especially comfort food. Mac n Cheese, mashed potatoes, fried chicken, french fries, apple pie.. so this has always been a struggle for me!
2. Going to Church – My husband used to work every Sunday at his old job but now we both have the weekends off so no excuse to miss church on Sundays. We both grew up going to church and we definitely want to continue to keep that a priority in our lives.
3. Travel – Even if it’s just to San Francisco for the day (which is just an hour away from us) or to Tahoe for the weekend, I want to get out more and not be such a homebody all the time. Don’t get me wrong I love staying in cuddled up all day watching movies and cooking home cooked meals but lately it’s been all we do and it will be good for to go out and have little adventures more.
4. Get organized – I seriously envy Type A people, they have it all together all the time! Let’s be honest, I will never be that person, but I will strive to be! To start, I want everything in my house to have a place. Meaning when I clean up I know where everything goes and I’m not just throwing it in a drawer, closet or spare bedroom. I also want to declutter every inch of my home. I stated this weekend with the living room and our closet. I got rid of everything I didn’t love or haven’t worn in the past 6 months. It felt amazing and my husband joined in too so we got a lot of unnecessary clutter out of the house. I want to continue to do this to help us stay more organized this year.
5. Read More – My husband got me a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and it’s the greatest thing ever! No more buying books and storing them on a shelf never to be touched again. It’s so cute and the perfect size. I can fit perfectly in my purse and it’s so lightweight so you can take it everywhere. I’m putting together a list of the books I’ve read, the book I’m currently reading and the ones I can’t wait to read next for a blog post.
6. Lovely Gold Things – This year I’m really going to push myself with this blog. I’ve struggled the last year trying to find balance between working full time, blogging and my personal life. I need more structure and a set schedule to keep me from falling behind.
I also really want to connect with you guys more and get to know my readers. I want Lovely Gold Things to be more useful for you all. So please if you have any suggestions on what you want to see on here let me know, you can email me at email@example.com I would love to talk to you!
What is your number one resolution/goal for 2k17?